Monday, April 10

Be Careful What you Wish For

As a born and raised North Carolinian I've always had the usual instilled pride for my state. But lately people in NC have been going crazy. We just finally got a lottery, but then there are the rape allegations against the Duke Lacrosse team. I always remembered watching the national news outlets and wondering, 'where is North Carolina in all of this?' I guess it's right, be careful what you wish for. I live in Raleigh, the smallest major city I've had the pleasure of going to. It's been growing like crazy...we just got our first Saks a year ago. Durham is a neighboring city somewhat within Raleigh, and they've always been known as the crazy side of town. If you ask what most people think of Durham in NC your likely to get the answer "them dudes is crazy down there." It is though home to three schools that range from well known to less well known; UNC(Chapel Hill) Duke(Durham) and North Carolina Central University. While I'm proud of the things these establishments have accomplished in sports, studies, etc. the lastest things(the crazy drive thru of a group of UNC students and now the crazy situation of the alleged rape by the Duke Lacrosse team on a Central student) just makes it crazy. Well at least Little Brother is from NC, that's one of the positive things we've got going for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home